Really coughing up phlegm and blood. Is it a chest infection or bronchitis?

In brief: Seek medical care
This could be due to various causes, many of which may need immediate attention.
I would seek medical care right away and get an evaluation and workup started. Best not to delay.

In brief: Seek medical care
Dr. Ronald Dreifuss
Dr. Ronald Dreifuss
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Possibly...
Coughing blood, called hemoptysis, is a symptom that always requires evaluation by a doctor. The usual cause of hemoptysis is bronchitis but malignancy is another possibility.
If you smoke, you need to quit. See your doctor as soon as possible. Go to er of shortness of breath occurs.

In brief: Possibly...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Steven Seres