Hepatitis c cirrhosis, what is the treatment for it?

A G.I. Consult! - absolutely no alcohol, careful review of all meds being taken---- the consult being very important since treatment is available1-don't wait!
Several steps. If somebody has cirrhosis from hepatitis c, it is critical to be seen by a health provider who has experience in hcv and liver care. It is still curable, and cure with antiviral medications can decrease the risk of liver failure and liver cancer by 80%. People also need screening for liver cancer every six months, certain vaccinations, egd, and be careful with medications (<2 gms tylenol (acetaminophen) a day).