Is it possible to have emergency C-section without anesthesia?

Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Difficult
It's possible but realistically there is always local anesthesia available along with other meds which can be given quickly to help in an emergency.
Truly emergent c-sections have been done with nothing (bad idea...), with IV meds (ketamine, versed, etc), or local injection (lidocaine, marcaine...Doesn't really work well either). If anesthesia isn't available (rare) it is possible but painful.

In brief: Difficult
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
In brief: Yes,but
It is possible to do an emergency c-section under local anesthesia injected into the skin and muscles of the abdomen.
This is not a pleasant experience for the mother and is done only in the direst circumstances.

In brief: Yes,but
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Paul Harper
I have delivered thousands of babies, a lot by C section. The only ones I did without anesthesia were on dead women, one in the elevator on the way to the OR. This cannot be done on an awake alive patient. Even local I don't think is appropriate.
In brief: Emergent C section
Sure. Whatever it takes to get the baby out alive and well.

In brief: Emergent C section
Dr. Kathryn Wagner
Dr. Kathryn Wagner
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Not and bcomfortable
It can be done with just local anesthetic.
...But you will be far from comfortable.

In brief: Not and bcomfortable
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham