Can I relieve my allergies without having to take more pills?

Dr. Alex Martinez
Internal Medicine - Allergy
In brief: Yes w/Allergy shots
The approach to treat allergies is three-fold: avoid the offending allergen if possible (easiest for indoor allergens like pet dander); medications (like antihistamines & nasal sprays); and immunotherapy (shots) that decrease your body's sensitivity to airborne allergy provokers.
When the first 2 approaches don't work or medicines cause side effects, shots are the best way to improve allergies.

In brief: Yes w/Allergy shots
Dr. Alex Martinez
Dr. Alex Martinez
Dr. Eli Silver
In majority of case, the effect of the shots is permanent even after you discontinue the shot therapy after 3-5 years. A chance for a cure!
Dr. Michael Palumbo
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
It also may be that you are not on the right medications.
Consider trying alternative antihistamines pills, or nasal antihistamines or steriods.

Dr. Michael Palumbo
Dr. Michael Palumbo
Dr. Adam Smith