I need help I can't cope with multigeneration caregiving?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Tough problem

Ask your community resource/insurance to see if there is respite care for the elderly; ask you family to help or you may need to hire help.
Not caring for yourself will affect how you care for others. You need a break as well.

In brief: Tough problem

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel

In brief: Caregiver hints

Caregivers often encounter painful feelings of guilt, saddness, anger and resentment.
You feel put-upon by those siblings, children and adults who do not do enough to help. Some tips to assist with managing this: name this emotion/feeling to a confidante to allow release/venting about how it affects/compromises your work, marriage, health and outside activities; ask for help; & meet your own needs.

In brief: Caregiver hints

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia