Is it possible to get a tummy tuck at the age of 63?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: See MD first

You should have your real age evaluated and your overall health assessed as well as your candidacy for general anesthesia and preoperative risks.
If you are otherwise in good health and can achieve results that meet with your expectations, I do not see any reason why not to proceed.

In brief: See MD first

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Michael Matthew
Surgery - Plastics

Age is only a number. Your general state of health is much more important.

Dr. Michael Matthew
Dr. Michael Matthew
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes.

Assuming the patient is in good health, age itself is not a contraindication.
Best to seek "medical clearance” from doctors who know you best prior to proceeding. Best wishes.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Patient health....

Patient health is the issue that rules supreme in tummy tuck surgery and most cosmetic surgery for that matter. If the patient is healthy and medically fit, tummy tuck surgery is frequently possible.
The best way to assess this is to see your primary doctor and ask for such an evaluation. Most good plastic surgeons get them (medical clearance) on patients after a certain age anyway.

In brief: Patient health....

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Marc Klein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Absolutely

As long as your in good health, there is no reason not to do it now.
I have done a number of patients in their 60's and up to 75.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Marc Klein
Dr. Marc Klein
Dr. Richard Zienowicz
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Absolutely!

If a 63 yr old is healthy meaning normal heart, lung, liver and kidney functions then they are definitely eligible.
I have many patients over 60 and even in the young 70's who have had tremendous results in losing their loose skin and fat by abdominoplasty.

In brief: Absolutely!

Dr. Richard Zienowicz
Dr. Richard Zienowicz