I have been having trouble withslipped discs and sciatica for nearly 4 months now. No work or insurance?

Get help. There is no need to suffer from the pain of an irritated nerve. This type of pain can be severe and debilitating. There is help. See a well trained pain medicine physician-they can perform a simple procedure to relieve the pain. The cost to your health (pain, lack of sleep, missed work, etc.) exceeds the cost of the procedure.
Core Exercises. Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine. I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance. Otherwise see a pain specialist to get treatment options.
Activity. Discs that are bulging or are ruptured can heal on there own given enough time. It is important that you remain active and strong. If you experience loss of strength in a foot or leg, or loss of control of your bladder or bowel function that constitutes an emergency and you need to go to an er.
Local med society. I would possibly contact the local medical society/association or even the state medical agency to seek out help about treatment. If you have no insurance or work, they may have an office, etc. that can evaluate and hopefully treat you.