I have been having trouble withslipped discs and sciatica for nearly 4 months now. No work or insurance?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management

In brief: Get help

There is no need to suffer from the pain of an irritated nerve.
This type of pain can be severe and debilitating. There is help. See a well trained pain medicine physician-they can perform a simple procedure to relieve the pain. The cost to your health (pain, lack of sleep, missed work, etc.) exceeds the cost of the procedure.

In brief: Get help

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Core Exercises

Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine.
I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance. Otherwise see a pain specialist to get treatment options.

In brief: Core Exercises

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Mark Cantieri
Pain Management

In brief: Activity

Discs that are bulging or are ruptured can heal on there own given enough time.
It is important that you remain active and strong. If you experience loss of strength in a foot or leg, or loss of control of your bladder or bowel function that constitutes an emergency and you need to go to an er.

In brief: Activity

Dr. Mark Cantieri
Dr. Mark Cantieri

In brief: Local med society

I would possibly contact the local medical society/association or even the state medical agency to seek out help about treatment.
If you have no insurance or work, they may have an office, etc. that can evaluate and hopefully treat you.

In brief: Local med society

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Vikram Patel