Do bulging discs or herniated disc heal?

Weeks to Months. Generally most people can get relief from sciatic pain doing the conservative care within 3-6 weeks. If it persists after that, it can take up to 6 months to heal by itself. Consider core strengthening exercises while you are on your own at home. You may still be a candidate for epidural steroid injections that may help relieve the pain while your body heals itself.
Yes. They can become asymptomatic after days, weeks or months. They my also shrink in size.
Degenerative disk. The bulge or herniation can decrease in size over time. There are treat, emits such as physical therapy that can help with discomfort. If this problem is associated with weakness in a correlating muscle then decompression may be required.