Can you mix cream of tartar with arm & hammer toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide for tooth whitening and is it harmful to teeth?

Yes, depends and why. Yes you can mix and use it. Whether or not it is harmful depends upon concentrations and frequency of use. I just question why someone would do that? It's a lot of time and energy for minimal effect, if any! there are much better methods out there that really work, are safe and are relatively economical. See your own dentist for specific advice after an exam and evaluation.
Tooth whitening. The blend you are asking about will certainly clean your teeth but if you are interested in tooth whitening then i would recommend many of the products made available by your dds. The products available from your dentist are far superior to the mix you are proposing. Over the counter whitening strips are also very effective. They are not as strong and will need a little more time to work.
Not recommended. Once tartar has formed, only a dentist or dental hygienist can remove it. Call your dentist for a hygiene appointment.