How can I take an active part in my own treatment?

In brief: Show interest

You are already showing interest by coming here.
Follow your doctors recommendations and listen. Write down questions to ask your doctor at the next visit. Watch your symptoms to see if they improve with the recommended treatments or not. Maintain a healthy lifestyle in eating and in activity. Some reliable sites to seek more information can be webmd.Com and mayoclinic.Com.

In brief: Show interest

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Ray Holt

In brief: Educate yourself

Read and learn about your condition on reputable websites.
Then bring a list of questions to your doctor and ask them. If they don't want to listen and understand your issue then move on to a different doctor. If you trust your doctor trust their advice and follow it!

In brief: Educate yourself

Dr. Ray Holt
Dr. Ray Holt