Gum graft question: how many months after the surgery until the gums look normal?

Variable. The dentist can make the gums look normal but it depends what the surgery looks like. Sometimes free gingival grafts can look like a patch on a tire. There are techniques to blend the tissue so it looks like the patch was never there. Often the procedure can be done so there are no esthetic concerns at all.
6-8 weeks. Six to eight weeks , have your periodontist a see you at 2 weeks post surgery and then 6-8 weeks later.