Can a fatty liver cause liver cancer?

It's a start. Fatty liver = steatosis can lead to non alcoholic steatohepatitis which is a chronic inflammation of the liver, this in return can lead to liver cirrhosis which in itself is really the risk factor for liver cancer. This process takes aproximately 20 yrs.
Yes. Steatosis, or fatty liver, can lead to steatohepatitis (inflammation of fatty liver cells) which can lead to cirrhosis (scarring of the liver) and ultimately liver cancer (also called hepatocellular carcinoma). Fortunately, by achieving an ideal body weight, you can often reverse fatty liver changes before it is too late.
Yes, it can. Fatty liver disease is not as benign as people might think in the past. It can lead and progress into liver cancer over period of time.
Depends. Alcohol intake is the commonest cause of fatty liver, and continued drinking may lead to cirrhosis and cancer.