What's the point of getting the flu shot if there hasn't been a flu outbreak the past 2 years?

U a gambler? Preventive care, whether its a regular checkup or a flu shot is a simple bet. You decide not to risk a poorly timed bad illness/condition/flu by seeking vaccine or early detection at your convenience. I don't know? U live but flu was bad here last year & at any one time several strains are circling the globe thanks to asymptomatic carriers & international flights. Skip if u want, I get one yearly.