How can I find a happy medium between too loud and unhappy family?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Family Dysfunction
If your family members are chronically unhappy you probably need to build a positive network of friends outside of your family.
If there are possibilities for change tell them openly how much you are affected by the climate in the family and ask each member to try there best to treat each other better. Of course family therapy, if members are willing, can be very helpful. My best.

In brief: Family Dysfunction
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Caught in the middle
If the question is can a person find a reasonable adjustment in a loud and unhappy family the answer is yes.
Most folks go about adjustment by trying to change others to meet their own needs. That really isn't possible, they have to change themselves. A better goal is to clear up why it troubles one in that situation and find a way to adjust. If unable to, then it would be wise to get counseling.

In brief: Caught in the middle
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Keegan Duchicela