I'm sure I have a corneal ulcer. Should I go to the er?

Probably. Most corneal ulcers occur underneath an overused contact lens. You need this treated as soon as possible and this can be started in an emergency room. All ophthalmologists will see a patient with a new, red eye the same day so if this is a weekday, go there immediately.