What are the most common side effects of heart bypass surgery?

Dr. Jerry Smith
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Psychological effect
Depression and anxiety are two common psychological effects associated with heart surgery.
You should discuss any psychological symptoms and seek a mental health evaluation in consultation with your PCP.

In brief: Psychological effect
Dr. Jerry Smith
Dr. Jerry Smith
Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Anesthesiology
In brief: Many
Keep in mind, "side effects" is a nebulous term. Side effects can be pleasant or unpleasant; probably the best way for me to answer this is to say that the body will need a varying amount of time to recover from major surgery.
The best "side effect" should be a healthier, recovering heart, that, after a short period of time, should enable one to live a better quality of life.

In brief: Many
Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery