Alternatives to casodex (bicalutamide)?

In brief: Anti-Androgens

Anti-androgens are most commonly used in men with Prostate Cancer (CAP) that is no longer responding to testosterone reduction.
In these cases, blocking T from getting to prostate cells (which is what casodex (bicalutamide) does) can help to slow CAP growth. Xtandi is an alternative with excellent results regarding prostate cancer control.

In brief: Anti-Androgens

Dr. Robert Donato
Dr. Robert Donato
Dr. Costantine Albany
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Multiple options

The choices are many and we choose based on the symptoms and aggressiveness of the disease.
For example if severe pain or rapid disease progression then we use docetaxel chemotherapy, if not symptomatic, options include provenge, Zytiga, (abiraterone acetate) and xtandi. My first option is clinical trial if available

In brief: Multiple options

Dr. Costantine Albany
Dr. Costantine Albany