Do energy drinks cause bruxism?

Dr. Steven Bender
Dentistry
In brief: Secondary
Secondary bruxism is that which is caused by medications or other factors.
Caffeine, tobacco and certain medications such as some antidepressants and antipsychotic agents can cause secondary bruxism.

In brief: Secondary
Dr. Steven Bender
Dr. Steven Bender
Dr. Dan Fisher
In brief: No.
If you have bruxism it is all you, but energy drinks or anxiety may make it worse.

In brief: No.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Ryan Tamburrino
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Not aware of it
I don't know of any studies that have directly linked the drinks to an increased cause.
However, anything that ramps up the body and its stress response system may have the potential to induce increased muscle activity and less restful sleep.

In brief: Not aware of it
Dr. Ryan Tamburrino
Dr. Ryan Tamburrino
Dr. Vicken Poochikian