On and off rectal bleeding after bowel movements for the last 5 years. What type of doctor do I see?

Several. As I have said many times before on healthtap...No amount of bleeding from the rectum is normal or should be ignored. See either a colorectal surgeon or a good gastroenterologist and see them sooner rather than later. This needs to be properly evaluated, specially if you are over 50 or are at risk for colorectal cancer..
Pediatrician first. First the pediatrician after examination and evaluation will refer to right specialist if needed.