How or what can I use to treat thinning hair in a woman?

Depends... ...On what is causing it. A dermatologist will run some tests to (hopefully) determine what is causing your hair to thin, and then treat you based on the results. Until you can get to your dermatologist, the only otc product proven to work is rogaine (minoxidil).