If someone with autism is more likely to suffer from depression and anxiety, what can be done?

Unconnected. It is not clear that people with autism are more likely to have depression or anxiety. It may be harder to diagnose, because they may not be able to express their feelings; but, if they have either, they should respond to conventional treatments about the same as someone without autism. Even talk therapies can work, but that requires expertise with autism.
Mental health care. Careful monitoring of the person's mood and emotional adjustment. If questions of depression or excessive anxiety arise, there should be a consultation with a psychologist or psychiatrist.