What are some side effects to teeth whitening at the dentist's office?

Dr. Dell Goodrick
Dentistry
In brief: Sensitivity
The only real side effect to teeth whitening is sensitivity, which usually is just the day of, but may last for up to 24 hours.
Many patients experience none at all, and others will feel what we call "zingers" the day of. Another doctor answered that it takes a few hours, but usually, in-office whitening is about a 45 - 60 minute procedure, depending on what system is used.

In brief: Sensitivity
Dr. Dell Goodrick
Dr. Dell Goodrick
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Boredom
My experience has been that it is better at the dentist office as your teeth get whiter. It is a bit tedious and can take a few hours.
..But is worth it. I have not heard of any medical side effects except maybe tender teeth/gums for a little bit. Also ask your dentist. The one doing the procedure will have the most information. Ask what product they are using & what chemicals in it & side effects.

In brief: Boredom
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: See below-
The most common side effects are teeth that are sensitive to hot/cold things and gums that can be sensitive to touch and can even peel.
These side effects are usually not going to last long.

In brief: See below-
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Cindy Juster