How can I keep peace at home when loud noises are hurting me?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Loud noises?
What kind of loud noises do you mean? Someone yelling? People arguing? Loud noises outside your house? Trains? Automobile traffic? Construction? In some cases you might be able to go into a different room and use headphones.
If people are fighting in your house, decide whether or not you can intervene safely. If not, perhaps the police can be of help. Your doctor would want to know too.

In brief: Loud noises?
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Pathology
In brief: May need to leave
I understand you are 23 years old.
If you are living with your family of origin, and they have so little respect for you that their loud music and/or yelling interferes with your study or your sleep, and you have talked about this with them and they are not willing to change their behavior, then you will need to get a place of your own just to survive. Been there. Is family therapy an option?

In brief: May need to leave
I understand you are 23 years old.
In brief: That is simple
Try to eliminate the loud noises whatever they may be...

In brief: That is simple
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Shontae Buffington