What can I do about my right hip with post traumatic arthritis?

Dr. Robert Wallach
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Injection or surgery

If the arthritis and pain are severe and limit your activities, you may need a hip replacement and should talk to an orthopedic surgeon.
You could try a hip injection with steroids (cortisone) which could give you temporary relief and buy you some time. A pain specialist who does injections could help you there.

In brief: Injection or surgery

Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Depends involvement

This depends on the extent of the involvement.
Are there imaging changes? Do the x-rays show damage? Are the symptoms from the joint or the surrounding soft tissue = bursas, tendons. Clear definition of what is meant by post traumatic arthitis can help guide your best therapeutic approach.

In brief: Depends involvement

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine