Who takes care of adult spina bifida after you leave the children's hospital team?

Neuro/Ortho Spine. Some pediatric neurosurgeons will follow their patients as adults so check with them. You may need a team to help with bladder, orthopedic, and neurologic problems. For patients with chiari or vp shunts, they will need to see a neurosurgeon to be assessed for concerns for headache, numbness, or weakness. Get referrals from your pediatric providers if possible.