I had a hysterectomy in 4 months ago, and I am tired all the time. Is this usual?

Dr. Michael Flax
In brief: No
Other issues may be causing fatigue such as mild depression, thryoid problems or lack of estrogen.
See your gynecologist for further evaluation.

In brief: No
Dr. Michael Flax
Dr. Michael Flax
2 comments
Dr. Martin Raff
Some of this may be age related. The older you get the more significant the effects of surgery and anesthesia.
Dr. Seema Patel
As above, but after surgery you can have low iron stores from bleeding, obviously low hormones, and maybe low vitamin d and b levels
Dr. Robert Harris
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Maybe
One of the main complaints after any surgery is difficulty with energy returning to normal.
Surgery is stressful to the body and it takes time for one to get back to "normal" sometimes. However, 4 months is pretty far out from surgery to feel this way so it might be a good idea to see your doctor and have an evaluation and labs checked.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Robert Harris
Dr. Robert Harris
Dr. Adam Smith