Can I help myself sleep better?

Yes. Yes, try a warm soothing bath in the evening, try adding epson salts to help reduce sore muscles. Do yoga or stretching exercises, listen to calming music, try meditating. Make sure your room is dark if you have a lighted alarm clock turn it away from you. Turn off any electronics at least an hour before bed. Keep the room as quiet as possible, avoid/reduce caffeine, alcohol and chocolate.
Routine. Develop a time and routine and stick to it. Do not eat or drink after a certain time - 1 - 2 hours before bed. Long before bed, get all things ready for the next day and complete any planning, etc. Which might cause worry or anxiety. Do not work out later than 2 hours before bed. Find something relaxing to do for 10 - 30 minutes before bed -- listening to music, readiing, tv. No computer stuff.
Sleep Hygiene is Key. 1.Keep regular bed & waking time (even weekends). Rise same time each day, regardless of time you fell asleep. 2. Develop relaxing bedtime routine: warm bath/shower, aromatherapy, reading, or listening to gentle music. 3. Sleep in dark, quiet, cool room w comfortable mattress & pillows. 4. Bedroom is only for sleep & sex. No work materials, computers, & TV in room. 5. Finish eating at least 2-3 hr.