What are the signs of having ptsd?

Many. Ptsd is characterized by heightened responses (more than would be expected) to reminders of a traumatic event. Flashbacks, anxiety, running-away behaviors and sometimes combative behaviors can occur. People with ptsd often withdrawl somewhat in an attempt to avoid reminders of the traumatic event. Proper diagnosis & care are important so please see a doctor to discuss in detail.
PTSD. While there are many signs and symptoms, first is that a person has experienced a traumatic event that is outside the realm of normal, every-day human experience. Certain behavioral symptoms follow, including avoidance, numbing of feelings, sometimes flashbacks, and feeling states such as anxiety and depression.
Symptom inquiry, yes. The doctor should inquire if the patient has been in a situation where the patient believes loss of life or catastrophic injury was imminent, and with no means of escape. Symptoms from these experiences include, hypervigilance, sleep loss, nightmares, reliving the trauma, social withdrawal, anhedonia, temper outbursts, emotional withdrawal, feelings of unfinished business, and adrenalin seeking.