How i can stop from snoring? Is there treatment to stop it? What should I do? I feel ashamed when i sleep with my friend.

Dr. Brian Lynch

In brief: Snoring

There are various things to do to improve or stop snoring.
If possible you should see an ear nose and throat doctor as you may have some serious obstruction that could cause problems down the line such as heart problems. You might have sleep apnea. Being overweight can be a problem.

In brief: Snoring

Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Snoring

Hello, snoring is caused by a narrowing in your breathing pathway that is associated with vibration of the soft tissues in your upper airways.
I first recommend weight loss if you are overweight. If your sleeping partner notices a stoppage of your breathing, then sleep apnea may be present which needs more thorough testing. If afrin helps to eliminate the snoring, it may improve with a nasal eval.

In brief: Snoring

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Sleep apnea, snoring

Several possibilities: some people only snore if they sleep on their back, so try avoiding that.
Losing weight. See an ear nose & throat specialist to evaluate your tonsils, adenoids and sinus. Have an overnight sleep study to evaluate for sleep apnea and wear a CPAP or wear a custom made dental device that holds your jaw forward while you sleep thereby increasing the airway.

In brief: Sleep apnea, snoring

Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dr. Shah Chowdhury

In brief: Snoring

Different causes and treatment options.
Enlarged tonsils /adenoids, obesity, etc. Can cause it. Sometimes familial- the whole family snores! snoring with sleep apnea has long term health consequences. See an ENT doctor, get checked to find out the cause and appropriate treatment.

In brief: Snoring

Different causes and treatment options.
Dr. Shah Chowdhury
Dr. Shah Chowdhury