My dr wants to put me on latuda (lurasidone) for bipolar. What can you tell me about this med?

Latuda (lurasidone) Latuda (lurasidone) is an atypical antipsychotic that is fda-approved for bipolar depression. Most other atypical antipsychotics treat bipolar mania better than they do depression. It's mostly well-tolerated, but restlessness, weight gain, drowsiness, and stiff movements are possible.
Bipolar depression. Latuda (lurasidone) is one of only 3 medications that have approval for bipolar depression. Based on recent studies, it also seems to be one of the most metabolically neutral medications, ie, doesn't seem to cause much weight gain or increase in your blood sugar or lipids, compared to other atypical antipsychotics.