Is there a relation between having narcissism and alzheimer's ?

Dr. Dheeraj Raina

In brief: Not aware

I am not aware of any such relationship.
Based on what i know about both, i also can't see any reason why there would be any relationship.

In brief: Not aware

Dr. Dheeraj Raina
Dr. Dheeraj Raina
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: None known.

Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia, affecting millions of persons in the U.
S.. This starts as memory loss, and progresses over a long time to dementia. Activities of daily living are impaired (unable to handle finances, appointments). People can get disorientated, and lose judgement. Narcissism is a personality state where a person only thinks in regard to one's own self.

In brief: None known.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Narcissism

I have not heard of such a thing.
Narcissism is a personality disorder characterized by grandiosity, egomania, inability to empathize with others, entitlement and feelings of specialness. Alzheimer's dementia is characterized by physiological change in the structure and cells of the brain that lead to catastrophic memory loss and death.

In brief: Narcissism

I have not heard of such a thing.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry