What's the difference between minor depression or major depression?

A milder form of MDD. Minor depression is a mood disorder that does not meet full criteria for major depressive disorder but in which at least 2 depressive symptoms are present for 2 weeks or more. It is usually quite responsive to psychotherapy interventions. In the diagnostic & statistical manual of mental disorders iv, minor depressive disorder was cited as an example of depressive disorder not otherwise specific.
Major depression. Involves physical signs of a physical illness called major depression. So changes in sleep, appetite and/or energy are the things we look for.