I swelling in gums after root canal normal?

Yes. Anything may be normal after rc, pain, some swelling, etc, etc. Wait some days, it should be fine.
Short term, normal. If the gums are swelling it means that infection underneath the tooth is not resolved and is trying to escape. Consult with your dentist about being given a prescription for an antibiotic or to change the existing antibiotic.
Common. It is common to have swollen gums after root canals; it could be due to physical trauma from the rubber dam, or it could be due to infection. Please consult with the dentist who did your root canal for a more accurate evaluation.