How do I stop my addiction to internet forums?

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Mutual support helps

You might consider checking out the mutual support groups that are available on the internet.
An alcoholic who wants recovery, and is unable to leave the bar, may find another alcoholic in the bar who is looking for recovery, and together they may do what neither could do alone.

In brief: Mutual support helps

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth

In brief: Formal treatment

Internet addiction is the subject of new research.
"behavioral addictions" altogether (e.g., gambling, pornography, sex...) is relatively new and remains the topic of some debate. But imo it is clear that behavioral addictions, including to the internet and/or its content can become severely damaging to people's lives. In my experience it is best dealt with by an addiction expert. Ask your md.

In brief: Formal treatment

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover