Should I get rid of my cell phone? I'm trying to beat a porn addiction and it has internet access?

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Mutual support helps

Before losing the cell phone, you might consider using it to find a mutual support meeting for sexual compulsivity.
Then you might use your cell phone to call other recovering sex addicts when you need support.

In brief: Mutual support helps

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Robert Woods

In brief: Get A New Phone

Very often individuals who battle addictions feel the need to test themselves.
This is likely an unconscious desire to gain back control. Beware that when you take a test you may fail. There are plenty of cell phones that do not have internet access. By making the porn a little more difficult to access, you may buy yourself a little time to reconsider the urge to act on your addiction.

In brief: Get A New Phone

Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Robert Woods