Is it normal for my baby to burp and vomit simultaneously?

Young babies may have "wet burps", where there some milk comes up with the burp.
If this happens more than once a day, or is happening every day, the parent should talk with the doctor to see if something needs to be done.

Dr. Jeffrey Min

Yes, this is very normal (and many babies do this).
In babies, the muscle at the bottom of the esophagus to the stomach called the lower esophageal sphincter is naturally loose and allows gas as well as fluid/food to come up at the same time. This muscle normally will tighten as babies get older and the vomiting will decrease.

Dr. Jeffrey Min
Dr. Jeffrey Min
Dr. Julia Sundel

Your baby may be suffering from gastroesophageal reflux (ger).
This is very common and usually resolves by age 1. You can try holding your baby upright during and after feedings, burping you baby frequently and thickening the formula or breast milk with rice cereal. Your pediatrician my prescribe medication if the other treatments don't help.

Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Steven Seres