How can I tell if my doctor will be the right one to treat me?

Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Quality of good doc

A good doc communicates well and makes you feel your problems are well understood.
Good doc plans well in advance of each step, each visit, and never leave you worried what he does next to alleviate your problem. Still, for unexpected problems, good docs make themselves available easily by email/mail/fax/cell phone. The better he communicates, the less you chase him. God doc keep detailed notes.

In brief: Quality of good doc

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Richard Orr
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Good question

First - do you like him or her - does he/she seem to care about you and listen.
Second - what are their specific qualifications. This is especially important when searching for a surgeon - make sure that the doc is experienced in treating the condition you have. If in doubt ask - if you get a wafflig answer, look elsewhere. Check training, publications, etc.

In brief: Good question

Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Buck Parker