How do I overcome fear?

In brief: You OVERCOME fear
by FACING it.
In medical school I took all the rotations that scared me the most. I figured that way - I would become proficient enough that those areas of medicine would no longer be intimidating to me.

In brief: You OVERCOME fear
by FACING it.
Exactly. To be brave, act brave.
Dr. Kevin Windisch
In brief: Any psychotherapy
Any form of psychotherapy can help with phobias.
Hypnosis is one form of psychotherapy and as such can be useful in dealing with your phobia. See a trained therapist who is a member of the american society for clinical hypnosis if this is the modality of therapy you wish to try.

In brief: Any psychotherapy
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Fear
It is important to understand the cause of your fear and then develop means of coping more effectively.
Confide in those close to you to see if you can resolve these fears, if not consult a mental health professional who can help you unravel the puzzle and create better ways of coping. Best.

In brief: Fear
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Michael Simpson
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Therapy
Therapy with a trained cognitive behavioral therapist can be very effective.
Approaching your fear using small steps and relaxation tools will help. Remember not to avoid your fear but approach it without escaping.

In brief: Therapy
Dr. Michael Simpson
Dr. Michael Simpson
Dr. Peter Kurzweil