How do I overcome fear?

In brief: You OVERCOME fear

by FACING it.
In medical school I took all the rotations that scared me the most. I figured that way - I would become proficient enough that those areas of medicine would no longer be intimidating to me.

In brief: You OVERCOME fear

by FACING it.
Exactly. To be brave, act brave.
Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Any psychotherapy

Any form of psychotherapy can help with phobias.
Hypnosis is one form of psychotherapy and as such can be useful in dealing with your phobia. See a trained therapist who is a member of the american society for clinical hypnosis if this is the modality of therapy you wish to try.

In brief: Any psychotherapy

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Fear

It is important to understand the cause of your fear and then develop means of coping more effectively.
Confide in those close to you to see if you can resolve these fears, if not consult a mental health professional who can help you unravel the puzzle and create better ways of coping. Best.

In brief: Fear

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Michael Simpson
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy

Therapy with a trained cognitive behavioral therapist can be very effective.
Approaching your fear using small steps and relaxation tools will help. Remember not to avoid your fear but approach it without escaping.

In brief: Therapy

Dr. Michael Simpson
Dr. Michael Simpson
Dr. Shontae Buffington