I have generalized anxiety disorder and am terrified of taking presription meds - what do I do?

Psychotherepy. Psychotherapy has been proven to be helpful in anxiety but will also help you address your fears about medication use.
Talking therapy. Medications for anxiety are not really terrific. Most are habit forming. A much better approach is psychotherapy. Find a therapist with whom you feel comfortable and talk about your anxieties. Anxiety can be a symptom of an underlying depression.
Talk Therapy That... Goes well beyond the line, "tell me how you feel about that." first, u really do need someone w/training & expertise in treatment of anxiety problems/disorders. It's vital 2understand what anxiety is, how it ticks & what specific things can help if anxiety starts interfering with ur ability 2function & w/ ur ability 2form/keep relationships. Great source of info here: http://www. Anxietybc. Org.
You can be. Successfully treated with cognitive behavioral therapy alone, but the relief you are looking for may take longer to find. The best treatment is both meds with therapy. Why not talk to your therapist first about your fear of meds?