How do I deal with being afraid of seeing water on maps?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: No quick fix.

I suggest starting with a therapist.
You'll want someone who is comfortable with cognitive behavioral therapy and "exposure therapy". There's not going to be a pill to cure this right away. It's really about talking through your fear of seeing water on maps and coming up with a plan to treat it. Good luck! [regarding the picture - thought i'd spare you a picture of water].

In brief: No quick fix.

I suggest starting with a therapist.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
This is a wise, witty and helpful response. There is no understanding what makes a person frightened. Perhaps our correspondent will be encouraged by this video of a man being successfully treated for his fear of baked beans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8VKs3__cA
Dr. Umesh Patel