How can I be underweight but not have an eating disorder?

Good observation... Looks like u're trying to lose weight & u're noticing that ur ways are suggestive of an eating disorder. The focus now should be on the eating disorder & it's underlying belief system, body image, related issues... U'll then be freer to lose weight (or not) from a space of wellness & wholeness, not a space of confusion & lack. Ur goal will also likely become to lose weight, not be underweight!
See your doctor! 1) burning too many calories. 2) not eating enough calories. 3) not absorbing the calories you eat: examples of disease processes include: small bowel malabsorption, pancreatic insufficiency, inadequate calorie intake, poverty, malignancy and chronic inflammatory conditions (cancer, crohn's disease, celiac sprue), parasites (tapeworms).