I recently miscarried - how do I get over the grief?

Dr. Joel Pranikoff
In brief: Get thru not over
You don't get over the grief, you get through it in stages.
First, it is important to know you didn't cause the miscarriage.Pregnancies end for many reasons you and your doctor can't control.This is a very personal loss that others often can't appreciate.A famous researcher defined the stages of the grief process(denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance). Give it time. I am sorry for your loss.

In brief: Get thru not over
Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Many women go thru this - its very common and go on to have normal, healthy easy pregnancies. Release any fear you have about yourself and allow yourself to heal. Take good care of yourself physically/emotionally. Go for therapy and give it time. I am sorry for your loss too and know you will find some happiness soon. Take care.
Dr. Steven Hanley
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Ask for help
Miscarrying a child is a traumatic experience, both physically and emotionally.
Many women feel they have to grieve alone and this is unfortunate. Seek out a support group. Talk with friends who have had similar experiences. Consult a psychologist if the grief is unrelenting. Sharing your story will help you process the loss.

In brief: Ask for help
Dr. Steven Hanley
Dr. Steven Hanley
Dr. Adam Levy