Is Xanax (alprazolam) habit forming?

Xanax (alprazolam) and habit. Yes it can be habit forming. Be careful and discuss this with your doctor.
Very much so ... There is a "pleasure center" in your brain designed to respond to good food, good relations, and good work. A substance or behavior that generates a more than expected reward can lead to incentive sensitization if the person is biologically predisposed to addiction. The faster the drug effect reaches and then leaves the brain, the more craving will develop, such as with nicotine or crack cocaine.
Xanax (alprazolam) Absolutely! it belongs to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines, such as Valium and ativan, (lorazepam) and is a schedule IV drug, requiring a special permit to dispense. It can cause dependency, and even addiction. It should not be used unless it is prescribed, and only for short periods of time as much as possible.