I've been on 6 weeks of vicodin/percocet - what withdrawal time should I expect?

Dr. Tapan Joshi
Pain Management
In brief: Depends
It depends upon the frequency, strength of the medications.
......Mostly hyperalgesia for few days....But not much. Vocidin is not a strong narcotic but Percocet can cause withdrawl but again total dosage during 6 weeks is the important factor to decide whether you can have withdrawl or not.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Tapan Joshi
Dr. Tapan Joshi
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Minimal
Withdrawl after only 6 weeks should be minimal.
If it occurs will last a few days. I suggest you wean off medication by a pill or so every few days rather than just stop.

In brief: Minimal
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Wean dose
I suggest not stopping all at once.
We the dose back by a half to one pill per day every 3-4 days until you are off. If you must stop "cold turkey" expect withdrawl symptoms to last 5-7 days.

In brief: Wean dose
I suggest not stopping all at once.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Vikram Patel