Should I just give in and accept that I'm always going to be in pain?

Try different meds? A pain specialist, or a primary care doctor with a special interest in treating pain, can be very helpful. One should not give up until the pain specialists have tried their best. Please send healthtap another question if you wish more information about whatever condition you are having. Thanks.
Never. Look for alternatives, medically or holistically. Change your lifestyle. See someone who can help you with your negative thoughts.