What does borderline personality disorder feel like to the person who has it?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: Emptineess
Glen close in fatal attraction gives a great portrayal of the extreme of this disorder.

In brief: Emptineess
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Borderline PD
To the person who has it, the world is very frightening.
People cannot be trusted; abandonment feels imminent. There are huge swings of emotion in relationships -- extreme idealization or extreme devaluation & rage. When the important other disappoints, borderline pd can't remember there was ever anything good about him/her; abandonment depression results.There's intense self-loathing & pain.

In brief: Borderline PD
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: A possible scenario
The world is black or the world is white - there is no gray.
I constantly fear i will lose the people that matter to me. One day i love you & the next i hate you. I can feel so empty that i might burn or cut myself just to feel something. My moods shift a lot. I get so mad it becomes rage. If you stress me i may just zone or i realize that you are out to get me. I am promiscuous. This sucks!

In brief: A possible scenario
Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Borderline PD
Can have chronic depressive symptoms , mood swing one minute happy one minute depressed, chronic feeling of emptiness, disengaged from family and self mutolation.

In brief: Borderline PD
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Bad things just happ
People with bpd are often unhappy, bored or confused or angry and feel this is because somehow other people always end up mistreating them. They rarely see their own role in creating their misery.
The world sees to be filled with unreliable people who trick them into trusting. Its an awful way to live.

In brief: Bad things just happ
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Cindy Juster