Is it possible for someone with borderline personality to have a mutually satisfying relationship?

Dr. Marc Zimmermann

In brief: No

Not for any length of time.
One of the hallmarks of this disorder is intense, volatile, and short lived relationships.

In brief: No

Not for any length of time.
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Thanks for your candor, Dr. Zimmerman. I hope this helps our correspondent.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Borderline

I Suppose it's possible, but it's going to be extremely difficult.
Remember what you're dealing with here are intense fear of abandonment, being manipulative, impulsivity, a tendency to think of people and things in all good or all bad terms, self mutilating behaviors, drug and alcohol abuse, sexual impulsivity, a profoundly disturb sense of self, and extreme emotional volatility.

In brief: Borderline

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Eric Weisman