I'm applying for a job. Do you think I should tell a potential employer I have asperger's syndrome?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Depends on job
If you know you are going to have trouble doing certain things such as interacting with lots of people or need to avoid too much chaos, then it might be useful to explain to your boss what those needs are to do a good job.
That doesn't necessarilty require that you name your diagnosis, but sometimes that helps "explain" why you need things a certain way. Otherwise, no.

In brief: Depends on job
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
This is very good advice. The worst feature of Asperger's is that a person can be a jerk without realizing it. If you can share that you're struggling with this without naming a diagnosis, and let folks know in advance you're trying to be a good person, then folks will tend to understand. Try to be nice to everybody, see what you can admire about each one, and talk about their interests more than yours. And if the job is right for you, people will admire you for the extra focus and dedication that Asperger's gives you as a worker. Best wishes.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: No
It is really nobodies business. I would not tell my employer.

In brief: No
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer