How are depression and anxiety disorders linked?

Anxiety is an unconscious alert that something is wrong.
One of the most prevalent symptoms of a serious depression is anxiety. On the other hand, the stress from constant anxiety can deplete you and actually cause a biochemical depression. Get evaluated and treated by a competent psychotherapist.

Dr. William Drescher
Dr. William Drescher
Dr. Steven Chen
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Similar symptoms

I think of anxiety and depression as "cousins".
An underlying anxiety disorder can cause depression over time and vice versa. Treatment considerations include psychotherapy, medication management, or a combination of these. In addition, reducting stressors, exercise, diet, and being connected to family and friends can help reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression.

In brief: Similar symptoms

Dr. Steven Chen
Dr. Steven Chen
Dr. Eric Weisman