My cholesterol and triglycerides are very high so doc put me on crestor (rosuvastatin). After taking, my joints hurt pretty bad. Will this go away?

In brief: Unlikely

Speak to your doctor , may give you different medication or reduce the dose , cholesterol reducing statin medications are great , muscle weakness , possible joint pains is one of the side effects.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Rama Garimella
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: May or may not

Try taking coenzyme q10 upto 100 mg twice a day and see if that helps, if it does not help, sometimes cutting Crestor (rosuvastatin) dose might help, and sometimes changing to different statin might help.
Times i cut Crestor (rosuvastatin) dose and if chol not undercontrol with that dose, i add non statin drugs to help along with statin. Check with your md.

In brief: May or may not

Pathology

In brief: Stop now

This is supposed to be an extremely uncommon side-effect of this medication, but it's not something you're taking urgently.
Phone for an appointment and unless you're told otherwise, stop the rx.

In brief: Stop now

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology